Have you ever wanted to know what version of WordPress your customer is running? Or perhaps what version of your plugin or theme? Maybe you have a plugin or theme that’s installed on hundreds or thousands of sites and you want to know which ones? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, Kernl Analytics is just what you’re looking for!
Kernl Analytics gives you insights into how your customers are using your plugin or theme. If you’re an agency, Kernl analytics gives you quick insights into the websites that you manage. Using our domains feature you can see what domains your plugin or theme is installed on, as well as what WordPress version is installed. Looking for PHP version or what language the site is displayed in? That’s coming soon!
To enable Kernl analytics, go to the plugin or theme list in Kernl and click the black “Analytics” button. Because of the nature of gathering and storing this information at scale, Kernl Analytics is an add-on to your current Kernl subscription that costs $10 / month. The Kernl Analytics subscription also comes with a free 30 day trial so that you can try it. The Kernl Analytics subscription covers all of your plugins and themes regardless of how many you have or how many sites they’re installed on.
We’re super excited about providing WordPress plugin and theme analytics for you and hope you are too!
Welcome to 2018! 2017 was a great year for Kernl and we’re excited to start 2018 out with some new features that you’ll find useful.
Coming Soon – Kernl Analytics!
An often requested feature for Kernl is some basic analytics around who’s using your product, what WordPress version they’re using, and the domains where it’s installed. It’s not quite ready yet, but we’ve already got some interesting data from January 2, 2018 to share while we finish up. When completed, you’ll have access to this data and more for all of your plugins and themes.
- Requests processed – 1.58 million
- Unique domains – 120,000
- Top 5 WordPress versions:
- 4.9.1 – 55,367
- 4.8.4 – 27,151
- 4.7.8 – 14,523
- 4.6.9 – 4,748
- 4.5.12 – 3,207
But enough with the analytics! Let’s talk about what’s new RIGHT NOW for Kernl.
Features & Bug Fixes
- PDF Invoices – Have you ever wanted to download a copy of your Kernl invoice? You’re now able to do this for all of your recent invoices.
- Feature Flag bug fixes – It somehow slipped past us that our feature flag API endpoints weren’t respecting account limits (max number of products or flags for your plan). This is fixed now and some useful warning dialogs were put in place for when you hit your max.
- Blog – Last month we finally got a blog in place. This month we added Google Analytics to it, worked on SEO, picked a better theme, and wrote a few blog posts.
- Expired Session Redirect Loop – There was a bug in the frontend Angular application that allowed a infinite redirect loop to happen. This has been resolved.
- General Work on Kernl Analytics
That’s it for this month! Enjoy the new year!