This was a HUGE month for Kernl! We finally launched our initial analytics offering, fixed some bugs, and added some smaller customer request features. Let’s dive in!
- Analytics – Kernl now provides analytics for your plugins and themes! The first iteration of this feature allows you to see what domains your product is installed on, what product versions are installed, and what WordPress versions your product is running on. This can be very helpful for troubleshooting and justifying using newer WordPress features. You can check it out by going to the plugin/theme list page and then clicking the black “analytics” button.
- Ephemeral Download Links – You can now create download links that expire after a period of time. This is useful if you don’t want your download link being shared. You can create these new short-lived links by going to version list of your plugin/theme and clicking “Download Link”. There is also an API available for programatic use.
Small Changes & Bug Fixes
- More monitoring has been added to Kernl’s infrastructure using Digital Ocean’s monitoring offering.
- Our Nginx load balancers / reverse proxy servers have been upgraded to have 1GB of RAM. Previously they both had 512MB.
- When a new customer signs up for Kernl they are now automatically signed in.
- Verified that Kernl works on WP Engine.
- Added better error handling if your new version upload to Kernl fails. Prior to this it was possible for a new version to be created but not have a file attached to it.