Happy (almost) August everyone! This month with Kernl was focused on fixing some technical debt and adding a few features surrounding analytics.
Features & Bug Fixes
- Analytics Top Level Menu – Kernl Analytics now has a top-level menu item. Prior to this change you had to enter a plugin/theme page before you could access it.
- Analytics Product & Date Selector – Coupled with the analytics top-level menu, you can now select which product you want to see analytics for directly in the page. You can also select the date if you have the “agency” plan or above.
- Session Store Moved to Memcached – For most of Kernl’s life sessions have been stored in Mongo. Recently we moved to storing sessions in Memcached.
- GitLab Integration Bug Fix – The GitLab integration was broken for a few days after GitLab disabled their v3 API. This has been resolved.
- The .kernlignore file had a few bugs related to processing it. These have been resolved.
- Along with the session storage change we cleaned up a few collections in Mongo.
- Node.js was upgraded to 8.11.3.