Welcome to the new year! January was a great month for Kernl with lots of great new features, tweaks, and bug fixes to make your experience even better. Lets dive in.
- Plugin & Theme Tile View – The original Kernl list views for both plugins and themes was a table. Over time this table became difficult to understand and didn’t convey a lot of information. The new tile views shows more information about your plugin and theme while being a lot friendlier to new users.
- Code Widget – On the plugin and theme detail pages there is not a widget at the top that shows you the code you need to integrate Kernl with your product. This is part of a broader plan to make Kernl more friendly to first-time users.
- Version Table Actions – The plugin/theme version table had 5 different action buttons on it. This was super overwhelming to people so it has been collapsed into a drop-down menu instead.
- http://status.kernl.us – We now have a full-featured status page powered by Pingdom. You can use this site to check the health of our service.
- GitLab Oauth – GitLab authentication used to be powered by authentication tokens that you generated on GitLab and then copied into our system. You can now Oauth with GitLab which is a much easier flow for customers to manage.
- Feature Flag Wizard – Feature flags can be a little daunting if you aren’t already familiar with them. To make it easier for customers to get started with we created a feature flag wizard. If you don’t already have any feature flags I encourage you to check it out.
- Load Test Site Verification – You are now required to verify site ownership before running load tests. This is accomplished via a simple WordPress plugin. WordPress load testing is still in closed beta, but please reply to this email if you would like to take part in testing.
Minor Features & Bug Fixes
- Unsubscribe links were broken when we whitelisted our domain with SendGrid. This has been resolved.
- Our application servers were upgraded to Node.js 10.15.0.
- Available RAM was increased from 1GB to 2GB on our application servers.
- A loading spinner has been added when plugins and themes are loading.
- Load testing response time distribution is now blue instead of grey.
That’s it for this month!