One of the most requested features that Kernl gets is Team Management. Team management can take on a lot of different forms, but for Kernl’s purposes it is the ability to share access via the Kernl interface with multiple people with different sets of credentials.
Starting today you can sign up for the Kernl Unlimited plan (see below) and start managing your team. Team management allows you to share your Kernl account with authorized users. When a user is part of your team, they have a slightly restricted view of Kernl but otherwise see the same things you do. What’s restricted?
- Continuous Deployment – Adding connected Git repositories is the responsibility of the admin. Non-admin users don’t need to see this information.
- Billing – Once again, this is an admin responsibility. The admin is able to change plans, add credit cards, etc.
- Team Management – Only the admin can add and remove users from their account.
Aside from that everything is the same for admin and non-admin users.
The Unlimited Plan & Pricing Changes
In addition to team management we are also reducing the number of plans that Kernl has. Prior to this change we had 5 different plans (solo, agency, enterprise, huge, massive) which seemed like a bit much. To simplify Kernl’s pricing structure and give our customers better options we went down to 3 plans:
- Solo – This $9 per month plan is our base plan. Most customers start here and then grow into larger plans as their needs change.
- Agency – The $39 agency plan is essentially our former “Enterprise” plan but with increased limits for plugins, themes, licenses, load testing, and feature flags.
- Unlimited – This new $79 unlimited plan allows you to have unlimited plugins, themes, licenses, feature flags and very high limited on load testing (50K concurrent users). This plan also includes team management so you can more easily control access to your Kernl account.
As always, current Kernl customers are grandfathered into the plan that they are currently on.
Now that Kernl has a more robust upper-level offering we hope to start rolling more features into it. For example:
- In the near future we’ll include Kernl Analytics with Unlimited plan.
- We’re also planning on rolling out limited team management into the Agency plan.