November was a great month for Kernl! After several years of trying, we finally launched team management and also made our pricing structure easier to understand. Let’s dive in!
- Team Management – With our new Agency and Unlimited plans you can now grant users access to your account! The Agency plan allows for 3 team members and unlimited allows for unlimited team members.
- Agency & Unlimited Plans – We introduced an unlimited plan for Kernl which has no usage limits (with the exception of load testing, but those limits have been increased substantially) and includes team management and Kernl Analytics. We also updated our agency plan to more closely match the old enterprise plan. The new agency plan has much higher limits than the previous agency plan as well as access to team management.
Bug Fixes & Other
- Increased Load Test Generator VM Size – We’ve increased the load test generator machines from 1vCPU to 2vCPUs to allow us to scale our load testing up to 50,000 concurrent users.
- Repository Sync – When we changed how you connected to your Git repositories we overlooked the ability to sync them from that same location. We’ve added that ability back in.
- Load Test List Page Performance – With some clever SQL querying and awesome Postgres built-in functions, we’ve decreased the average load time on this page by 32%.
- Bug: Invalid license if using licenses but no versions present – An odd edge case was found where Kernl would say your license was invalid if you didn’t have any plugin/theme versions uploaded. This has been resolved.
- Bug: IPv6 Issue on Load Generators – The virtual machines that we spin up the Digital Ocean Singapore data center were having issues communicating over IPv6. We disabled IPv6 for all load generators for the time being.
- Load Testing Service Node.js Upgrade – The WordPress load testing service backend and workers have been upgraded from Node.js 10.x to Node.js 12.x. All packages were upgraded to their latest with this change.
- Analytics Service Node.js Upgrade – The WordPress analytics service backend was upgraded from Node.js 10.x to Node.js 12.x. All packages were upgraded to their latest with this change.
That’s it for this month! Have a great December!