Summer is typically a slower season at Kernl, so it has been awhile since we’ve done one of these. Over the past few months we’ve done a lot of deep infrastructure work, so let’s break it down!
Features & Infrastructure
- The Kernl load testing charts now show the number of users at a any given point during the load test.
- On your plugin & theme pages you can now see the update check volume for your product.
- You can now upload new plugin & theme versions via our API. Read more about it at the documentation.
- All of Kernl’s data stores are fully managed by DigitalOcean. This includes
- MongoDB – Our main data store
- Redis – Used for caching and for queuing analytics events.
- PostgreSQL – The Kernl Analytics data store.
- Kernl’s documentation site has been migrated to DigitalOcean Apps.
That’s it for the past few months. Development and improvements will start to pick back over August. Talk to you then!